Thursday, March 17, 2011

Into the Cold Fire by Lynne Ewing


DAUGHTERS OF THE MOON SERIES BOOK 02

Into the Cold Fire by Lynne Ewing
Volo
Published in 2000
ISBN 0786806540
264 Pages

PLACES TO BUY FROM:

Amazon (Paperback): First Three Books
Barnes & Noble (Paperback): First Three Books

CHECKED OUT THE BOOK FROM MY PUBLIC LIBRARY.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2011 READING CHALLENGE.

2ND REVIEW. 1ST REVIEW IS HERE.

Review/Rating:

5 out of 5



Serena's power to read minds comes in handy sometimes, but it also makes her more at risk to turning to the Atrox. So, when the Atrox attempts to turn her, what will the rest of the Daughters of the Moon do? Will Jimena and the rest of the Daughters be able to prevent the premonition of Serena turning?

I decided to do a better review of the Daughters of the Moon series by Lynne Ewing since my first ones weren’t done very well. This book is really a fast read. I finished it in a week, but that's only because I had to go to work. >.<

In the second book of this series, it explains about Hekate and how she is a Goddess of the Night, and also how she might be credited to evil. Also, there are 13 books in this series, so more information about the Daughters of the Moon and the Atrox will show up as the books progress, which is a good thing because it isn’t cramped all into one book.

The tone and dialogue reminds me a lot of my teenage years and my high school, so the author did a really good job at writing the book in teenage words and their world. The descriptions were also very well done, and both of these things made the book go a little bit faster than most other young adult books. So, I really like this book from this stand point. Another thing I liked about this book is the mythology that is incorporated in it. Also, the character growth and their personalities are believable (for a supernatural book). I can’t wait until I re-read the next book in this series. This book starts out better than the first one since you have a little bit more information to go on. Also, my favorite character is Stanton. :) Yes, I'm weird and like all types of guys from different kinds of books.

The plot isn’t that much different from other supernatural books or shows since it is basically teenage girls fighting evil, which might remind some people of Sailor Moon and several other anime. That might be way I like it since it kind of reminds me of most of the anime I watch. Oh, well, I like that and mythology so it was perfect book for me. Also, there is a little bit more, errr, sexual tension than the first book.

Any more information would spoil this book and series. :D I can't wait to start on the next book in the series (again).

Other Reviews/Author Site:

Lynne Ewing
Goodreads: Into the Cold Fire by Lynne Ewing
Library Thing: Into the Cold Fire by Lynne Ewing
Missy's Book Blog: Into the Cold Fire by Lynne Ewing
Rashel's Reads: Into the Cold Fire by Lynne Ewing
Natalie's Bookshelf: Into the Cold Fire by Lynne Ewing

No comments:

Post a Comment